Ready to start your investment journey but not sure where to begin? Why not start with TradePlus!
Investment terms can be difficult to decipher, especially when you’re new to investing. So, set aside an hour from your lunch break and join us in our #makanbreakwithTradePlus as we walk you through the basics of investing.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join us in our weekly sessions as we explore and discuss all things ETF.
Registration is required, so save your spot today!
In this introductory session, we will explore investment products that are available to Malaysian investors, including:
- Fixed Deposits
- Unit Trusts
Tune in to this session to find out:
- An overview on the different options available to you.
- What you should consider before investing.
- The importance of investing on regulated platforms.
- Is there a right way to investing?
Session 2: Introducing Exchange-traded Funds, the Hybrid between Stocks and Unit Trusts
22 April 2021, Thursday | 12:30pm
Introducing ETFs, or Exchange-traded Funds, an investment product that provides a solution for investors looking for convenience and cost-effective investment solutions. You might have heard about ETFs in the US, but do you know why these ETFs have been seeing billions in inflows since the start of the year? And did you know these options are also available on Bursa Malaysia?
In this session, we will be answering these questions:
- What is an ETF?
- What are its key similarities and differences against Stocks and Unit Trust Funds?
- What to look out for before buying an ETF?
- How does the Malaysian ETF scene compare against its peers?
One of the biggest misconceptions about ETFs in Malaysia is its liquidity. To the seasoned stock trader, ETFs might seem illiquid at first glance. But is that really the case?
Join us in this session as we dive deeper into:
- Why the trading volume you see on your trading screen does not reflect the ETFs’ liquidity.
- What are market makers (liquidity providers) and the crucial role they play in ETFs.
- Steps to follow to ensure that you buy and sell your ETF investments at a fair value.
Now that you are familiar with the investment products available in Malaysia, the time has come to build your very own long-term investment portfolio!
In this last session of our first #makanbreakwithTradePlus series, we will be sharing:
- Why you should build your portfolio based on YOU,
- What investment products can used for better diversification, and
- Where you can find these tools.
What we will not be sharing:
- Stock picks and analysis
- Market outlook
Ms. Chong Lee Choo is the ETF Director at AHAM Asset Management Berhad. Lee Choo is responsible for developing strategies and products for the Exchange-traded Fund business within the company. She has garnered more than 12 years of experience in product development in the banking and fund management industry through her prior roles in international financial institutions.